The Barack Obama Presidential Library is the fourteenth library to become part of the Presidential Libraries system administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The Library will be built in Chicago’s Jackson Park and is expected to open to the public in 2021.
But you don’t have to wait until 2021 to access content related to the Obama administration. With the launch of ObamaLibrary.gov, the National Archives is pleased to provide access to:
- biographical information about the President and First Lady,
- an interactive timeline of key events, illustrated by documents, photos, and video from our holdings,
- multimedia galleries that provide a look inside the Obama presidency, and
- resources for research, and
- the Obama Administration’s WhiteHouse.gov websites and social media content.
Organization: National Archives and Records Administration
Audience: researchers, educators, students
Role: Project lead